Sunday, August 1, 2010

Death and stuff

Went to a memorial picnic yesterday for Z. He was a 16-year-old youth in our church that died three years ago. Brought back a lot of emotion both good and sad.

I have been “personally” touch by death four times. One was Z. He was part of our church youth group. Got to know him well. One was my dad who died 25 years ago. My mom who died June of this year. And L., my wife of twenty-four years, who died unexpectantly 6 years ago.

All of them, as expected, affected me in different ways. But they have brought me to the conclusion that one must spend as much time as one can with those you love.

After L. died, I never thought that I ever would or even could love again. I was surprised and honored that T. came into my life. Even when I was not looking for love, love did indeed find me. It has been a joy for these almost four years to be hers.

So when I. was born and the emergency surgery and just about losing both T. and I., there again is the driving motivation for spending as much time as I can with them.
That is certainly part of the reason I have quit my job. They say that you spend more time at work than with your family. I did not want that to be the case for me. At least for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment