Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trying to settle

We are all settling into our new lives. T. has a part-time job at the University working for the music department. She knows a lot of people there and it gives her opportunity to have conversations of full sentences. Life with a two year old is somewhat limiting in the brain stimulation process. One does pick up valuable nuggets of information though, like “nose”, “ball” and to occasional “bwerthfrctycl”. I will say that I. does have sentence structure; it just loses something in the translation.

For me, being home was to open up plenty of time to accomplish all that I wanted to do or to get done. First official day did not turn out that way. But today I am hopeful. I need to finish up the guest room. That will certainly give us a sense of completion.

There is still a sensation of floating through life now. I understand that I need to develop the routine that is most helpful. I like routine. I do not like ruts. I need to keep my planner by my side and take opportunity of events and places that will give me a chance to display and possibly sell my art. Unemployed yes, but still working. Just starting from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment