Thursday, August 26, 2010

Time is on my side

So, this is officially one month since I quit my job. I had really expected to have more done than this. There isn’t as much time as it appears. With a two year old, you have to schedule your time and agenda around theirs. After he wakes up and has breakfast, there is a little playtime.

So you get some dishes done, try to get caught up on emails and see what is happening to the outside world. This is done by checking local and national news on the computer as Sesame Street is telling my all about the letter G and the number 12. That Elmo is so silly. Anyway, then we check Facebook and check up on all who are not feeling well or has a little comment or a like.




When it is his naptime, you realize you have a two-hour window of time to accomplish your eight-hour list. What to do? Do I edit some photography? Do I blog? Do I take some pictures? Do I do laundry? Do I work on the guest room? Do I shower? Do I take a nap? Do I get caught up in Rachel Ray or see what Regis is yelling about?



By that time, the little one is up and we settle in on having a great lunch of either a sandwich, chicken cookies and some sort of fruit. And before you know it, the clock says 3pm. And where did the time go?



It appears that routine still requires a certain amount of planning and determination in order to have a sense of accomplishment. I’ll try harder, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment