Saturday, August 7, 2010

Two weeks in

So, it has been two weeks since I quit my job to pursue the “four” purposes. 1) to take a break from off-price retail; 2) to spend more time with T. and I.; 3) to work on my own business; and 4) to trust God for our needs.

It has been strange as we try to adjust to our new schedules. For me, it is not getting up for work or coming home late when I would close. For T. it is getting up for her part-time job at the University. She works five hours a day four days a week. (Mon.-Thur.)

These past two weeks, for me, just seems like an extended vacation in the sense of not having work and thoughts of work. My paychecks and vacation time paid for this month. There will be no more money coming in from outside of savings until T. gets paid. Our incoming revenue has decreased by 75%. But there is some set-aside in savings and then we will just go from there.

We all get up at seven. T. gets ready for work and I. has some breakfast and his morning “soaps” (Super Why, Sesame Street, and Clifford). I get T. her breakfast and get T. out the door. Then, in between being with I. and stuff around the house, I am trying to finish the guest room and get pictures ready for the web page. And journal of course.

Began reading again a biography about George Mueller. After all, he is the one who gave a bit of inspiration about trusting God for needs and not asking man for help. If man provided, so be it, but he would not solicit from anyone but God.

No comments:

Post a Comment