Friday, October 22, 2010

Voting

So this is an election year as I am sure that everybody knows by now. I was anticipating receiving my ballot in the mail and casting my vote. This is a very important election. If you choose not to vote, then I find it difficult to make commentary upon measures and the way our elected officials legislate. And this election I seem to have very strong convictions.

It is a struggle for me at times, as I see candidates having issues that I both agree and disagree. So I ponder, and research to see whom I will cast my vote for. Some are in favor of some things I am in favor, but some things I am opposed and they are in favor.

This time it was easier as there seems to be two sides with completely opposite political beliefs. I know the major parties have always been at odds with one another, but it seems like the division between the two are becoming more polarizing than ever before. And it appears that the America voters are split right down the middle. You can tell by the ads they are airing. They are airing false and half-truths about the other policies and views. And if that doesn’t seem to work, they get personal and dig up “dirt” about the other to make them look hideous. I believe the candidates think we the “people” are not smart enough to make informed choices.

Well anyway, we never received our ballots. When I checked I realized they were mailed to our post office box, which we no longer have. So upon further research I found out you could change you mailing address online. After completing the change, I was informed that on the next election the ballots would be sent to the new address.

So I was very pleased when on Thursday both T.’s and my ballot were in our mailbox. I opened it up, marked my selections, sealed it up, and put a stamp on it. Total time taken: seven minutes.

Who did I vote for? I’ll give you a hint. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment