Friday, October 22, 2010

light

Two times I have been to the store to get light bulbs. I need to replace a couple and it is good to always have back up. The first time I didn’t grab them at all. The second trip I had a package of six in my cart and then I put them back. It wasn’t that they were extremely expensive, but as we have very little sustainable income at this time, the cost seemed to out weigh the need. It is interesting that we think differently now before we go and buy something.


We have never been outrageous spenders and have always followed a budget, so if we needed something we just went and got the item. Now, there is a pause and a look to see if it is a priority. We still go out and eat and other stuff, but not as much as we used to. Okay, back to the story.

So we still didn’t have any light bulbs. Until yesterday. I walk out to get our mail and by our door was the postal worker with two boxes for me from Salem Electric. I asked him if he knew what they were and he said, “light bulbs”. He didn’t know if everybody that has Salem Electric as their provider received these but a lot of residences have. He wasn’t sure why I got two boxes, though, because his other deliveries only received one box.

We got two boxes because we get two electric bills. Our house and our garage are on two separate meters. So we got two boxes of light bulbs. Fourteen to a box. Twenty-eight energy star, low wattage, longer life light bulbs. Each bulb is supposed to be the equivalent of twelve regular bulbs with each lasting up to a year. That is twenty-eight years of light.

Yes, I know that this isn’t a check in the mail to pay our mortgage for the month, but it is a need we had and it was provided. And yes, God had His hand in it. You can tell because of the timing and of the meeting of a specific need. And after all, it was God that said in the first place, “let there be light.”

2 comments:

  1. Way Cool... We were given Free Light Bulbs last month... We felt like it was Christmas...

    ReplyDelete