Friday, October 8, 2010

Bob

My son likes “Bob”. I don’t mean Bob the Builder, Bob Dylan Bob Newhart etc. No, my son likes Bob the Tomato. Bob and his buddy Larry. We own sixteen of their DVD’s. And that doesn’t include the four CD’s of song collections.


He likes “Bob”. And when he wants to see one he simply asks, “Bob”? The other day he slipped and fell and as we were consoling him, he tearfully whimpered “Bob”. Kind of like comfort food in a way. My son likes “Bob”.

And so do I. I’m not going to lie, sometimes I’ve seen too many of them. That is why we now have sixteen, so I can see new ones. But I like them. And here is why.

They teach. And the lessons they teach are good morals, good values, and good relationships. Relationships with one another and with God. And the statement that sums it up is the closing.
“God made you special. And He loves you very much.”

‘Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment