Monday, September 13, 2010

“This is my morning the best as I can remember it”

Series of events from 9:00am to 9:30 am.



9:00 am So, I am up and checking out the computer and I hear the I. has woken up and appears to be playing and talking in his crib. This is a frequent occurrence so I just let him be. Normal morning.

As I go into his room, I am greeted by the all to familiar odor that diapered toddlers have. Looking into his crib, I noticed that he has burrowed himself in between the mattress and his bottom sheet. He took with him his bear and blanket.




“How cute”, I thought, “he has a little fortress”. I proceeded to take some pictures to document this event. As he finds his way out of the sheets there was confirmation that he definitely needed a change as the stale smell of toddler pee re-filled the room.



As I unzip his green-blue footed pajamas that are too small for him and this was to be the last time he would wear them before they went into retirement, I notice that there are small rice like particle on his chest and stomach. I didn’t recall having rice recently. As I continue to unzip him, I realize one side of his diaper is undone and there are more of this substance all over him and in clumps. Apparently not only did his diaper come undone, the little beady things that soak up wetness in a diaper have escaped. There was a tear, and these, full to the limit, beads were congregating his stomach and down into the legs of his pajamas.



I take his pajamas off and walk him to the bathroom where we will have a morning bath. As I turn the water on in the tub, I glance and my little naked I. standing in the bathroom starts to go potty. Thinking quickly, I determine there is no time like the present to start potty training. So I move him in front of the, lift the bowl, and tell him to go potty in there. I turn to check the warmth and the level of the bath and suddenly realized that the height of the toilet bowl and the height of my boy’s area are a few inches different.



As I notice the puddle in front of the toilet bowl I also notice that my kneeling position to check the bathtub level has left my right foot and right pajama leg (mine are without footies) vulnerable and are currently getting soaked from said puddle.



Placed I. in the tub, wiped up the puddle, wiped my foot off, changed pajamas, and gave I. a quick bath. And we still had time to watch the last half hour of Sesame Street. 9;30am. Now I shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment