Friday, July 23, 2010

The day

I quit my job.
Not the brightest thing to do in this troubled economy. Don’t have any prospects. Have a little in savings. So, why would I do such a thing? Four factors.

One, I needed a break from off-price retail. I’ve done it for many years and just need to get away from being middle management for a while.

Two, I really want to spend as much time as I can with my wife and son. Being older than her, I want to cherish each moment I can before it is gone. Never know when it ends.

Three, I really want to work for myself. Start a business. For now I will be focusing upon my photography. Attempting to sell my photographs and taking portraits. I am not a great photographer, but I’m ogood at it and I like doing it. Focsing on it will give me experience. I’ve always wanted to try my own work but have been too afraid. I determined I would rather fail trying than always wonder what I could have been.

And four, I have been quite convicted about trusting God enough to allow Him to provide. We are to seek his kingdom and righteousness and He says He will provide. George Mueller didn’t ask anyone for anything, but rather prayed and trusted.

So there you have it. It is my attempt to live out what I say I believe and to search for the elusive dream of satisfaction in God. I don’t want to be too busy or too tired to hear the promptings of service for God. So why did I feel like I had to quit? Apparently I am not at all a multi-tasker. Couldn’t to a part-time business while working full-time at TJ. It is far easier to cross the street than to have to face loving my neighbor. I want to be the Samaritan who took notice. Perhaps in the end, God doesn’t want us to multi-task. He just wants us to seek Him.

I will be journaling my progress, or regress as it may be on the blog. I quit my job. Now off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment