Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Day After

So, this past Saturday found me doing the same things that I always do. And, a little bit more. No doubt that there was an uneasiness in me. When the news of a dramatic end of the world is supposed to happen, one’s mind will be somewhat occupied by the possibility.


Now, while my head knew that it was not going to happen, and while my heat kept giving me assurances of His salvation, there was, I admit, in both my head and heart, flutters of “what if?”. And I am sure that I was not alone in that.

After waking up on that morning, I followed my routine and made a pot of coffee. I then went to the computer and went on the Internet. I read the news, got caught up on Facebook, and yes, I Googled the current earthquake status. Periodically, a news feed would pop up in reference to the potential apocalypse and non-apocalypse, as it were.

So, with a sense of peace in my heart, but with a twinge of concern, I find myself drinking my coffee and checking up on the news on this beautiful and calm Saturday morning. And then I hear it. Outside our house, there is music playing.

And the lyrics to this song I am hearing is this, “The Lord told Noah there is gonna be a floody, floody; the Lord told Noah there is gonna be a floody, floody. Now get those animals out of the muddy, muddy.”

I am not going to lie, listening to that song “Children of the Lord” on that particular Saturday outside my house caught my attention. Irony is a funny thing, and sometimes it’s a little cruel.

“When outside my house there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my chair to see what was the matter.”

There, driving by my house was a float of Noah and the Ark. And the animals, two by two. And the music blaring. Wow!

Our town was having on this day it’s annual Iris Festival, and we live by the school where the participants gather for the parade. Good one God!, I thought.

I am not going to “pick on” or mock those who believed and even taught that the end was that day. I’m not going to judge those people who are upset with them. I do not know if they were “deceivers” or they just got deceived.

I am, however, going to keep pressing on. I am going to keep sharing the fact that “Jesus Saves”. I am going to “rise and shine and (wooo) give God the glory, glory.”

And you can too, all you “children of the Lord”.

No comments:

Post a Comment