Thursday, February 3, 2011

Writer's Block

Sometimes, I don’t know what to write. Sometimes, I don’t know what to say. I mean, do you really want to know about my day? Especially when it is anticlimactic. Sometimes, there is just nothing to write. And yet, there are those moments when the perfect line is there and the most amusing story has been observed that one cannot help but write.


This however, is not one of those times. I got nothing. I have felt like a slug (I apologize to slugs everywhere for the comparison) for the past few days. I feel like there is nothing to say, or at least nothing interesting. Don’t know how the professionals do it. But honestly, if I wrote daily about the events at home, the only thing I would have to change is the date.

We get up, have breakfast, watch Sesame Street, Clifford and Word World. Then we play for a bit. I get some, the least about of some as I can do, housework. Put the boy down for a nap, he may or may not sleep, check out the breaking world news and the breaking Facebook posts, and then get some lunch. Woo hoo. That is my day.

Maybe the issue is not writing, but rather what to write. I seem to be all over the board with this. Perhaps I should stick with one genre or another. Will it be amusing events with the boy and family? How about the struggles of finding ones’ place in the world? Philosophy and deep thought musings? Observations regarding faith and God? Which should it be? I just cannot decide.

This dilemma is not really a dilemma at all if I stop and think about it. After all the name of my blog is “Sometimes the Grass is Greener”. And the intent was to “attempt to take a risk and to step out in faith and to live”.

So I write, and I write about stuff that happens, either in real life or in my mind. Life isn’t wrapped up solely into cute little areas of comical stories or deep heart wrenching discoveries of the soul. Life, if truly lived, gets messy, confusing, and convoluted.

But it is life and the only one I know. Until I change it. Guess it is time to mow the green grass. And maybe weed a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment