Sunday, January 30, 2011

Soak

It is funny what we “soak” in or choose to “soak” in. It is also funny that we use the word soak in that phrase.


When I was a kid, I would visit my grandparent’s house in western Idaho. Sometimes I would be there when my Grandfather would siphon water from the ditch and flood the yard. This was a way of irrigating the lawn.

The water would be inches deep and slowly the water would soak into the ground. I loved splashing around in his wateryard.

This soaking process is very effective. In one fell swoop the grass in the entire yard is given a drink. Soaking is a process. It saturates the area with so much water that the ground has no choice but to accept it.

It is funny what we “soak” in.

In life, there is a soaking process. It, unlike water, is a saturation of thoughts or ideas upon our minds and hearts, and eventually those thoughts or ideas begin to sink in. These saturates can either be good or bad for us. I guess it depends upon what we are being “soaked” with.

What is “soaking” you?

1 comment:

  1. This is Excellent, thank you for verbalizing this Tony.

    ReplyDelete