Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Finally

So, I have had a lot of friends tell me that my posts and blogs regarding our ministry and the future of it as the “interim” time is concluding, are quite cryptic.  And that I am placing the carrot in front of them controlling the anticipation with my every tug of the carrot string.  Kidding, sort of.

The truth is, and they know it, my writing is the result of the conversations and struggle that is going on inside of our minds, hearts, and soul.  The inconclusiveness of the decision is because we had not come to a resolution.  So, I apologize for any mystery.

The dilemma that we have encountered is in the tug of our hearts while at both locations.  When we are home, there is the desire to stay rooted and enjoy friends and ministry.  When we are at the coast, there is the desire toward the new possibilities and the enjoyment of new friends and ministry. 

There is also the pull between making what we have come to call the “easy” choice and the “safe” choice.

So, as we whittle down the pros and cons of each option, more questions seem to arise.  And I will spare you many of the details, and the intimately personal ones, but converse with you the following.

Questions we ask.

Do we make the easy choice or do we make the safe choice?
Do we want to stay here?
Do we want to move to the coast?
What will we be giving up?
What will we be gaining?
Will it be a positive experience?
Will it be a negative experience?
Will we find a house that is suitable?
Can we rent or sell our house?
What about T.’s job?
What about I.’s education?
What about this?
What about that?
Do you want us to go, God?
Do you want us to stay, God?

And on and on and on.

We been asking questions, but the hints or clues or fleeces or answers were always ambiguous, or so it seemed.

The book of James says that “You do not have, because you do not ask.”  That is certainly not the case for us.  We have asked.  And asked and asked.  And asked.

 James follows with “You ask but do not receive, because you ask amiss.”  Now I recognize that “asking amiss” here really means asking with or for the wrong motives.  And I don’t believe we have ever done that.  But the word “amiss” got me to thinking.

Perhaps we have not had an obvious answer, not because we haven’t asked, not because we asked with the wrong motives, but because we have been asking the wrong question.  And there it is.

The proper question we should be asking God seemed to be, “Which choice requires the most faith in You ?”  If we are to walk by faith, then what is the one that will necessitate the most trust and dependency upon Him?

And then the answer became, I believe, most apparent.  My blog “Sometime the Grass is Greener”, was an attempt to take a risk and live out in faith.  And with that, there came conclusion.  Are we staying? Are we leaving?

And now without further ado (yes that is the correct spelling), our decision is. . . . . .

We are __ __ __ __ __ __ __!
  (enter your own encryption here).  Okay, just a bit further ado. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know you have your answer! Even if you are being evil and not sharing it. I think I can figure out what you chose, but either answer would still require faith and be a sort of risk, just in different ways.

    ReplyDelete